2012/04/10

Source Not Found

I haven't yet found any useful suggestions on dealing with Source Not Found; so, I'm going to take some stabs in the dark and see if any of them result in a scream.

First off, I know that I have said that the warnings aren't that important, as long as there aren't any actual errors. How about I just test that; I comment out the unnecessary import statements [a simple /* on one side and */ on the other does the trick. Alternatively for single lines // works.]

Commenting in this way is a great method to quickly change code around - because if I decide that removing something was a mistake, I just have to uncomment it, not remember how it went and re-type it.

Then the remaining warning is around
private DatePickerDialog.OnDateSetListener mDatePicked;
and how I use it in
mDatePicked = new DatePickerDialog.OnDateSetListener() {
In that Eclipse is telling me that mDatePicked is not used! Um, oops...what's gone wrong here then? I declare mDatePicked, as you see above, then I do some stuff onDateSet.
Now, I have a sneaking suspicion that there's some duplication between these two lines, so let's see what happens if I take one out, leaving
mDatePicked {
 Nope, that errors. Badly. Howabout taking out the first one? Also makes things worse, in that the warning has upgraded to an error.
Aha! Stack Overflow to the rescue! Looks like the whole thing is redundant now I've got
public void onDateSet(DatePicker view, int year, int monthOfYear, int dayOfMonth) {
So I'll just try cutting out the lot, see what I get. No...that causes even more problems. I'm going around in circles here. I believe the technical term is GAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment